Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Day 48 Healthy Eating

This one is going to be a tough one to keep going, but as long as I plan ahead what I am going to eat, only eat when I am hungry, and remember that, like anything, one day at a time is the way to go.

It's good that I'm starting this on the first day of the month. In Meghan's book, she talks about how her life seems to flow in 12 week cycles. 12 weeks from today is November 24. During this time period, I'm not even going to get on the scale. I'm just going to go by what my clothes feel like. My first goal is to fit back into my motorcycle chaps. I'll need the added warmth once the cold weather really hits Toronto, and cleaning the dead bugs off my jeans has been annoying.

I'm not going to go into any detail about what I am doing, but know that I am staying hydrated, taking a multi vitamin and getting plenty of rest.

I also have another life change on the go, which may or may not happen. It's pretty huge, so I'm not going to say anything until I'm sure it's a go. But let's just say that losing weight and getting in shape will help make this goal easier to achieve.

Sorry for being so cryptic, dear readers, but the events of the past couple of days have made me more inward dwelling and protective of my dreams. The good news is that I am still living with my ex (but for how much longer I do not know), we seem to have an amicable relationship, and he is starting this healthy eating plan with me. I will offer him all the love and support I can with this, and perhaps this challenge, along with the other life changes I have in the works, will bring us closer and help me to become a better partner for him.

As a result of traumatic issues, I must confess some green slip-ups. I did forget to bring my own produce bags to the grocery store this past Sunday. As I haven't gotten around to making handkerchiefs yet (I swear I'll do it today) I've been using toilet paper. I've been using google instead of goodsearch, because frankly, google is faster. I should be more patient. I've been lax about consistently shutting down my computer at night. My ex bought a can of aerosol insect killer on Sunday to deal with our fruit fly infestation. I should refrain from drinking coffee if I don't have my thermos on me. Last night, I had take out in polystyrene containers (which I have cleaned, saved and will recycle). And lastly, the AC has been turning on and off over the past two weeks, but I think it might be off for good (since fall seems to have arrived here in Toronto).

Ok, this was a whole lotta green slip-ups. More than I thought. Shit.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you tried the vacuum on the fruit flies? Use the hose attachment, and suck them up.

Q said...

Everyone has slip ups. Don't worry about it. We all forgive you.

About the healthy eating, a great blog with lots of recipes is here

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/

Very very good stuff, some of it is vegan and vegetarian and stuff like that if it's what your into.

Hope your big dreams go through, you've got us all in suspense now!

Anonymous said...

I second Q's comments! Don't beat yourself up--you're doing what you can and inspiring others along the way.

Best of luck with all the big changes!!!

Crunchy Chicken said...

Slip-ups are part of the deal. Dont' worry about it, we all compromise here and there most of the time.

I can't wait to hear about your news!

Robj98168 said...

Nothing ever gets accomplished without first trying. At least thats what they tell me about cmoking- I have tird to quit like a hundred times but dail. But hopefully one day something will click and I will be smoke free.

The fact that you are trying is the first step to success. There are no failures.

Allie said...

I just want to chime in on the slip-ups. You're going through a lot right now, and even just recognising the slip-ups have happened is probably more than I'd be capable of in a similar situation. Acknowledge them and move on. Making mistakes doesn't mean you failed. It just means you can move forward from there and try to do better. One day at a time.

Chile said...

Good luck with the healthy eating (now including vegan - since I'm reading backwards on your blog). Since cleaning up my diet and taking to the bike on August 1, I've easily dropped 17 pounds. Stick to it!