Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Day 21 - I'm back, and I'm squeaking this one in

With only 24 minutes left in what has been a crazy day, I'm sneaking in this eco-change. I'll admit, it's an easy one, but after the day I've had, I need a break. From now on, I'm using GoodSearch as opposed to Google, and donating the proceeds to the World Wildlife Fund. GoodSearch donates to charitable causes when you use their search engine. I love animals, and I couldn't find any charities that deal with penguins specifically, so WWF was a good choice.

Speaking of animals, I had a few encounters with animals this past weekend on my travels. Most of them were pleasant (watching a family of wild turkeys cross the road in the Allegheny forest in western PA, visiting the Pittsburgh zoo and going gaga over the adorable penguins) and one of them was not so pleasant (getting stung in the boob by a hornet as I rode my motorcycle - the air draft over my windshield blew the hornet right down my shirt where the poor startled beastie stung me). I'm fine - no lasting damage.

I'm actually pretty proud of myself - looking over my list of changes, I was able to stay true to all of them while on the road. Before I pat myself on the back too much, the only one on the list that actually applied was the no using of hand dryers or paper towels to dry my hands in public bathrooms.

So here we are, 21 days into the challenge and doing well. I'm seeing some natural deoderant in my future, as well as the dreaded Diva cup. Stay tuned for what new adventures those will bring. :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! Thanks for the tip about GoodSearch. Sorry about your owie!

As for "the dreaded Diva cup" I've heard their forums are great. I've read many blog comments from gals who had bad initial experiences but then got great advice in the forums and got their cups to work for them (and not against them!).

Anonymous said...

Welcome back from your road trip! I'll try GoodSearch. Seems like a great idea!

Anonymous said...

I love my Diva cup and I use baking soda that I put on with a puff as deodorant. The store bought deodorant sticks always seem to make me sweat bad and smell even worse.

Kim from Milwaukee said...

I second the baking soda pit powder and Diva cup kudos. I always used to have a rash in my armpits when I used antiperspirant, but now my pits are smooth and pretty.

The Divacup takes some getting used to, but in the long run it's well worth the effort. I love that I only have to remove it twice a day, so much more convenient, and I can see what my body is shedding. It's given me a new appreciation for how my body works (or doesn't work at times).